Losing your teeth is often an unpleasant experience, and when enough are lost, it can have a lasting impact on the contours of your face. This can lead to you looking older as if you’re always frowning, and that’s only the cosmetic concern. Without your teeth, it can be difficult to get proper nutrition, and there are other health concerns that can result from missing teeth as well. One popular option for replacing missing teeth is dentures, and we offer both partial and full denture options. These replacements can restore your smile, the contours of your face and have you eating and speaking properly with ease.
Select Your Preferred Style Of Denture At Gentle Touch Dental
Broadly speaking, there are two different types of dentures available, full and partial. Each of these categories contains subtypes that offer different advantages to the dentist and patient. Consider the following options:
- Full Dentures – This class of dentures replaces one or both full arches of teeth.
- Immediate Dentures – While your final dentures generally take a few weeks to arrive, immediate dentures help you get used to wearing them in the meantime. Once healing is complete, these are generally discarded.
- Conventional Dentures – Part artistry, part craftsmanship, conventional full dentures strive to mimic the natural appearance of your mouth with precision accuracy. These dentures are able to function long term with proper care.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – These dentures are almost like having your natural teeth back. Supported on mounting points that have been inserted into your jawbone, these are an incredible combination of value, functionality, and comfort.
- Partial Dentures – When you’re only missing some of your teeth, a partial denture can help fill in the spaces between. While there are two subtypes here, one is only a temporary measure.
- Transitional Partial Dentures – Following the procedure to prepare your mouth for dentures, you may be offered a pair of these plastic dentures to see you through recovery.
- Removable Partial Dentures (RPD) – These dentures are constructed of cast Vitallium and are much lighter and more comfortable to wear than plastic dentures. While they’re more expensive than plastic dentures, they fit better and last longer.
Dentures are typically created at a dental lab, and their manufacturing is a combination of artistry and craftsmanship. The base of your dentures will be formed of a special plastic to create a secure base. There are a variety of options for prosthetic teeth, with ceramic being among the most popular.
What You’ll Experience When You See Your Dentist For Dentures
The total process leading to you getting your dentures will vary depending on the details of your oral health. You will have impressions made of your oral structures, either using a traditional gel and tray method or using digital impressions. These dental impressions will be used to create your dentures and develop the perfect restoration for your smile. If you want to see if dentures are the right solution for your smile, reach out and schedule an appointment at Gentle Touch Dental in Cheyenne, WY. We’ll connect you with a dental restoration specialist who will guide you on the way to your perfect smile.